Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Universe is a conspiracy for my benefit; a visualization to keep this going

Is visualization the key?


Seems worth a try ...

Despite many mistakes I've made throughout life, I seem to be in much better shape than I could expect:
  • I have degrees in computer science and started with Python in 2006, and now that's a hot job ticket

  • So I've just started a w2 job which I can work from home doing for as long as the coronavirus shutdown lasts, making a good salary

  • I have a loving wife who's stuck with me through thick and thin

  • (fingers crossed) I remain in excellent health, not even having a cold more than once every two or three years
  • I didn't get to work in anything related to the 'gig economy' or the hospitality industry or the restaurant industry ...
But there are things I want and don't yet have:

  • A net-zero-energy house on acreage

  • A Tesla or similar electric car
  • Enough money so that my lovely wife can travel to her heart's content

... and so forth. But this is kind of a busy bunch of stuff to visualize, so I think I am going to just focus on one number: my FICO score.

700

This is what I need to be able to do what I want (get construction funding to get a house built, etc.)

Right now my score is around 640 as I have way too much debt and no obvious way to pay it down quickly.

So what could happen to fix this? In order of likelihood:
  • I could win the lottery (I'd have to buy a ticket more regularly than I have been, I guess)
  • This blog could go viral and could get enough views for me to sell ads on it
  • Our business venture(s) (Rain, DirtRich) could hit it big
  • Something else I can't imagine, or some combination of these things, or both
So I'm going to spend 5 or 10 minutes lying in bed visualizing this number every day until I have it.
Here goes:

700
700
700

Any visualization help you can give is welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment